FAQs

BEFORE YOU ARRIVE

Who’s invited?

All alumni are invited to attend Alumni Weekend! While classes celebrating their five-year anniversaries and featured affinity groups are highlighted during the weekend, all events are open to the alumni community.

Who’s attending?

To find out who is attending Rollins’ biggest alumni celebration of the year, visit rollins.edu/alumniweekend/attendees

Where should I stay?

For a listing of recommended hotels, visit rollins.edu/alumniweekend/accommodations. Spring is a busy time in Central Florida, so make your reservation soon!

How do I add additional events to my registration?

You can modify your registration by clicking on the link provided in your registration confirmation email. You can also contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at 800-799-ALUM or alumniweekend@rollins.edu.

My plans have changed, and I need to cancel my reservation. Can I do that?

If you must cancel your or your guest’s Alumni Weekend reservation, contact Alumni Engagement no later than Friday, March 16, 2018. We cannot issue refunds past this deadline. Thank you for your cooperation.

Can you accommodate my special needs and dietary restrictions?

If you have special needs and require assistance at events or have any dietary restrictions, make note on your registration form or contact the Alumni Engagement office. Please notify us as far in advance as possible so we can best accommodate your requests.

Whom do I contact with additional questions?

The Alumni Engagement staff is happy to answer any questions you may have about Alumni Weekend. Either call 800-799-ALUM or email alumniweekend@rollins.edu to connect with a staff member.

DURING ALUMNI WEEKEND

Why do I need my Alumni Weekend packet, and when will it be available for pick up?

Packets include a parking pass, name tag(s), final events schedule, and other important information you will need for the weekend. You must display an official parking pass from your vehicle to park on campus during the weekend. Alumni and their guest(s) need name tags for admittance to all events.

Packets may be picked up at Registration Headquarters at the Faculty Club, which will be open on Friday, March 29, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday, March 30, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Packets will not be distributed prior to March 29.

Please stop by the Faculty Club during Registration Headquarters hours and a staff member will be able to assist you.

What type of transportation will be provided?

Shuttle service will be provided for alumni staying at the Comfort Suites Downtown and The Alfond Inn at Rollins. Golf cart taxis will be available throughout the weekend for those in need of assistance to and from on-campus events. Alumni are responsible for any other transportation needs such as airfare, taxis to/from the airport, and rental cars.

Where should I park when I arrive on campus?

Please note that there will be limited parking on campus this year due to construction. The below parking details will be included in your registration packets along with a parking pass to validate parking in all of these locations.

15-Minute Parking

If you arrive on campus during Registration Headquarters hours, 15-minute parking will be available on Holt Avenue in front of the Faculty Club and the Alumni House for packet pick-up.

On- or Near-Campus Parking

Long-term parking will be available in the SunTrust Plaza Parking Garage, 131 E. Comstock Ave., Winter Park

ADA accessible on-campus parking will be available in the Warren Administration and Alfond Sports Center parking lots.

Additional Off-Campus Parking

Signs will be posted at each of these locations denoting them as Rollins lots

Orlando RV parking lot: 860 W. Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, *Entrance on Holt Ave.

Progress Point parking lot: 1241 Palmetto Ave, Winter Park

An additional off-campus parking shuttle will run continuously from the Orlando RV and Progress Point lots to campus on the following schedule:

Friday, March 29: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Saturday, March 30: 9 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.

If you have questions or issues with parking after hours, please call Campus Safety at 407.646.2999.

How should I dress?

Recommended dress is comfortable and casual during the day and resort casual for evening events. And don’t forget to break out your blue and gold!

RAIN LOCATIONS

24th Annual Grove Party will move to McKean Gym in Alfond Sports Center

Yoga will be cancelled

Playground Time will be cancelled

Family Pool Party will be cancelled

Women’s Tennis vs Keiser University will be determined by Athletics

Family Barbeque will move to McKean Gym in Alfond Sports Center

Alumni Soccer Game will be determined by Athletics

Reception Honoring Dr. Joseph Nassif will move to the Annie Russell Theatre Green Room

BSU Reception will move to Dave’s Boathouse

TKE & KD Reunion will move to the Rice Family Pavilion Atrium

All-Alumni Dinner will move to McKean Gym in Alfond Sports Center

Festival of Light will move to McKean Gym in Alfond Sports Center

Champagne Brunch will move to McKean Gym in Alfond Sports Center