Rollins Support for Autism Caregivers
The COVID-19 outbreak has clearly changed the daily lives of many caregivers in Central Florida. Many caregivers for individuals with autism have less behavioral and social support as schools and therapy services have transitioned to virtual formats.
Rollins Support for Autism Caregivers (RSAC) aims to address this urgent need by providing caregivers with free informational support via phone or video meetings, in English or Spanish.
What We Do and Do Not Provide
We provide free informational support to caregivers of people with an autism diagnosis (educational or medical) in the Central Florida area. For individual informational meetings, this support is provided via HIPAA-compliant video conferencing software or via phone.
We provide support in the following areas:
- Behavioral concerns, such as tantrums and meltdowns
- Promoting instruction following, such as putting away toys when asked
- Increasing communication, such as expressing wants and needs
- Establishing or following daily schedules and routines
- Completing hygiene tasks, such as washing hands and brushing teeth
- General defiance, or not following expectations and rules
At this time, we cannot provide support for:
- Behavioral concerns not listed above
- Diagnostic consultation, support, or assistance
- Medical or academic consultation, support, or assistance
- Caregivers of people without an autism diagnosis
- Caregivers who reside outside of the state of Florida
Who We Are
Kara Wunderlich, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Visiting Assistant Professor
Stephanie Kincaid, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Michele Williams, Ph.D., BCBA-D
We do not provide crisis support or support for any behaviors that may be a threat to you or others. If this is an emergency or you believe you or someone you know is in danger, please dial 9-1-1.
How it Works
All informational resources are provided free of charge.
Click here to sign up for free for our e-mail list. On the form, you can opt to receive only general information, sent to your email inbox once per week, on caregiving for children with autism during this unique time. You can also request a free individual, 20 minute meeting with a member of the RSAC team.
If you request an individual meeting, you will be contacted by a member of the RSAC team to schedule a time and get further instructions. This individual meeting will take place via video chat on a HIPAA-compliant platform. Depending on interest, individual meetings are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
You can unsubscribe from emails and cancel individual meetings at any time without any penalty to you, and you are under no obligation to connect with any member of our team.