Rollins Support for Autism Caregivers
Initiated in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rollins Support for Autism Caregivers (RSAC) provides free informational support to caregivers of individuals with autism in Central Florida. We provide printable resources, individual meetings (in English or Spanish), and connection to clinical behavior analysis services.
Individual Consultative Support
We provide free informational support to caregivers of people with an autism diagnosis (either educational or medical diagnosis) in the Central Florida area. For individual informational meetings, this support is provided through 20-minute meetings with a member of the RSAC team to answer any questions you have, provide information, and connect you with resources that may be helpful. Meetings can be conducted in English or Spanish and use a HIPAA-compliant internet-based video service.
We provide support in the following areas:
- Behavioral concerns, such as tantrums and meltdowns
- Promoting instruction following, such as putting away toys when asked
- Increasing communication, such as expressing wants and needs
- Establishing or following daily schedules and routines
- Completing hygiene tasks, such as washing hands and brushing teeth
- General defiance, or not following expectations and rules
At this time, we cannot provide support for:
- Behavioral concerns not listed
- Diagnostic consultation, support, or assistance
- Medical or academic consultation, support, or assistance
- Caregivers of people without an autism diagnosis
- Caregivers who reside outside of the state of Florida
We do not provide crisis support or support for any behaviors that may be a threat to you or others. If this is an emergency or you believe you or someone you know is in danger, please dial 9-1-1.
How it Works
All informational resources are provided free of charge.
On the sign-up form below, you can request a free individual, 20-minute meeting with a member of the RSAC team. You can also opt to receive only general information, sent to your email inbox once per week, on caregiving for children with autism if you prefer.
Once you request an individual meeting, you will be contacted by a member of the RSAC team to schedule a meeting time and get further instructions. This individual meeting will take place via video chat on a HIPAA-compliant platform. Individual meetings are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, but are typically available within a few days of signing up.
You can cancel individual meetings or unsubscribe from emails at any time without any penalty to you, and you are under no obligation to connect with any member of our team.